The Global Account Executive (GAE) is responsible for overall customer relationship management of each assigned account. The GAE role includes participating in AlertDriving’s team selling process to win new business; the main focus is on helping a portfolio of existing category-specific customers lower their collisions. This involves developing and executing strategic sales plans for each customer that ensures strong product usage and strong ROI performance, which ultimately results in client retention. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
AlertDriving is a sales-driven organization. A GAE needs to possess this same drive, work ethic, positive mental attitude and razor-sharp mindset. You must also be confident in your sales abilities and demonstrate your conviction for the world-class solutions you are supporting and selling. You must be aggressive and persistent in your pursuit of increasing customer value while simultaneously developing a ‘like and trust’ relationship with each client. You must have the ability and desire to preserve long lasting relationships with our clients while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. And you must have a desire to continuously improve your knowledge as it relates to new sales trends, industry trends, efficient processes and best practices.
Duties of a Global Account Executive
Tasks of a Global Account Executive revolve around managing an identified list or group of customers and prospects, include:
- Managing a sales cycle from prospecting to contract signing;
- Achieving Daily Activity Objective of calls and Demos that results in 3 demos a week:
- Developing sales leads through a combination of warm and cold calls;
- Contacting C-level, Senior Vice Presidents, executives, targeting four primary departments:
- Tracking prospect activity through AlertDriving’s login tracker;
- Performing demonstrations of AlertDriving’s platform, FleetDefenseSM, over the phone;
- Traveling to prospect offices for business presentations;
- Scheduling strategic calls to move accounts further along in the sales process;
- Presenting ROI analysis developed by the Sales Analytics Team;
- Managing pilot programs;
- Developing and managing relationships with multiple contacts at each account;
- Using SalesForce as a CRM tool;
- Attending and demonstrating AlertDriving solutions at up to four Major Industry Tradeshows per year;
- Reviewing Accounts on a monthly basis with the AlertDriving leadership team;
- Presenting Forecasting Report on a monthly basis;
- Working with channel partners to jointly prospect an account;
- Maintaining a high level of industry knowledge and keeping abreast of industry trends;
- Ongoing sales skill development; and
- Providing management with market feedback.
A Global Account Executive must possess the following:
- A senior sales background with at least 3 years experience;
- A valid G Drivers License and a clean driving record;
- A valid passport.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
As a Global Account Executive you must have the ability to speak knowledgably with and sell to Senior Executives while managing a lengthy sales cycle (6 to 14 months). This requires superior written and communication skills. It also requires a high level of organization for you to be able to manage a large number of accounts at varying points in the sales cycle. You must be able to control prospects, balance multiple accounts, and align prospects business objectives. You must possess computer skills as well as database management skills, via a CRM, similar to SalesForce. A Global Account Executive must possess:
- Excellent phone manners and the ability to control conversation;
- Ability to navigate within an organization and reach top level executives;
- Ability to think on your feet;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- The ability to work internally with personnel from all levels;
- A positive attitude;
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness;
- Ability to apply a consultative approach to developing a Driver Risk Management program in collaboration with prospective clients;
- Tact, and the ability to deal with difficult situations; and
- An interest in career development and training within the workplace.