What's the Opportunity?
Director of Channel Partnerships
Status: Full Time
Who Are We Looking For?
AlertDriving is the global leader in providing cloud-based driver training solutions in over 120 languages. Our clients include many of the largest multinational firms in the world. We are looking for a results-oriented business leader that enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic environment. The mandate is to grow our existing global network of channel partners and strengthen their sales performance by implementing effective channel-specific sales strategy, enablement and support programs and processes that help partners provide AlertDriving solutions locally to their customers and prospects.
Historically, a channel partner is an organization within one the following categories:
- Safety consulting;
- The Insurance industry;
- Risk management;
- The GPS / Telematics hardware space;
- Fleet Leasing / Accident Management;
- Behind the wheel driver training firms; and
- Larger corporate training firms.
The Director of Channel Partnerships must possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing a high performing channel sales team and 10 or more years of total channel sales experience (preference will be given to candidates that have international channel sales experience);
- The demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level / senior executives;
- Strong communication and specifically presentation skills is essential.
- The ability to simplify and articulate complex concepts to a multi-functional audience is a plus;
- Experience working within the safety or software industry is desirable, but not mandatory;
- A university degree, preferably in business administration;
- A valid ‘G’ driver’s license free of any serious driving violations (i.e. DUI or suspensions);
- A valid passport with absolutely no travel restrictions; and
- A criminal-free record;
- Note: These last 3 points shall remain in force throughout the term of employment.
The Director of Channel Partnerships must also possess the following character traits:
- Proven leadership ability;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Solid business acumen and judgment;
- Self-motivated and initiative-oriented;
- Calm under pressure while performing such tasks as contract negotiations;
- Trustworthy, respectful, diplomatic and professional;
- Keen sense of urgency and desire to get things done;
- A personal interest in career development and training within the workplace; and
- Solid relationship building skills.
Your responsibilities include:
Primary responsibilities are aimed at growing revenue by encouraging each member of the channel sales team to expand their portfolio of performing partners. Specific duties include:
- Establish annual sales performance targets for each channel salesperson;
- Manage a multi-tiered, global partner program (i.e. pricing plan, co-operative marketing funds, deal registration and sales rep incentives);
- Create sales forecasts based on prospect activity / success hitting specific milestones;
- Face-to-face meetings with partners to build relationships and assist in the sales process.
- Work with key partners to build annual business plans and conduct annual reviews;
- Oversee and negotiate the execution of mutual NDAs and Reseller Agreements;
- Help the channel salespeople develop enablement strategies for each channel partner;
- Providing market intelligence and feedback to management;
- Building trustworthy internal relationships;
- Using SalesForce as a CRM tool; and
- An emphasis on upgrading the channel sales team’s selling skills.