What's the Opportunity?
Key Account Director
Status: Full Time
Who Are We Looking For?
The Key Account Director (KAD) is responsible for overall customer relationship management of each assigned account. The KAD role includes participating in AlertDriving’s team selling process to win new business; the main focus is on helping a portfolio of existing category-specific customers lower their collisions. This involves developing and executing strategic sales plans for each customer that ensures strong product usage and strong ROI performance, which ultimately results in client retention. This position reports to the Director of Customer Success.
AlertDriving is a sales-driven organization. A KAD needs to possess this same drive, work ethic, positive mental attitude and razor-sharp mindset. You must also be confident in your sales abilities and demonstrate your conviction for the world-class solutions you are supporting and selling. You must be aggressive and persistent in your pursuit of increasing customer value while simultaneously developing a ‘like and trust’ relationship with each client. You must have the ability and desire to preserve long lasting relationships with our clients while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. And you must have a desire to continuously improve your knowledge as it relates to new sales trends, industry trends, efficient processes and best practices.
Key Duties of a Key Account Director
- Collaborate with Direct Sales and internal AlertDriving team to win new business, using the Team Selling framework;
- Develop and execute long-term, client-focused strategic plans;
- Reach or exceed account revenue targets through continuously seeking cross-selling and upselling opportunities;
- Work with clients and the internal AlertDriving team to ensure seamless implementation of the AlertDriving program, including launch planning, communication, and post-launch support;
- Leverage AlertDriving’s industry expertise and resources to establish and maintain long-term relationships with senior client contacts (C-level, VP, and Director);
- Work in conjunction with senior client contacts and the AlertDriving Analytics team to understand and/or establish critical program goals and key performance indicators;
- Assist client in achieving these goals through data-driven program management, compliance and throughput management, and ongoing monitoring of goals/KPIs;
- Work with Director of Customer Success, Director of Sales, and Analytics to develop and deliver client-specific reports and analyses including program performance, return on investment, and collision reduction results;
- Leverage results to renew, extend, and expand customer relationships;
- Conduct periodic business reviews with each client, in-person when warranted;
- Develop and maintain industry-specific knowledge, based on vertical-specific client portfolio;
- Identify referral opportunities and secure client testimonials; and
- Utilize AlertDriving’s Decision Performance Management framework to make critical decisions quickly and effectively.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A College or University education in business is an asset;
- A proven track record of strong customer relationship and value building;
- 3+ years experience in an account management role;
- Experience working with C-level executives, VPs, and Directors;
- Proven performance in a fast paced sales driven environment;
- Advanced MS Office computer software skills;
- Excellent knowledge of customer service principles and practices; and
- A valid G Driver’s License and a clean driving record; a valid passport and no travel restrictions.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic project management skills is an asset;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety discipline is beneficial;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical, technical and mathematical abilities;
- Self-motivated, quick learner, organized, and detail-oriented;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Ability to set clear prioritizes and meet deadlines for a wide variety of "deliverables";
- Demonstrates initiative with a results oriented attitude, while exhibiting strong drive and leadership skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels within a client organization;
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal supervision and direction;
- Consultative approach to problem-solving;
- Outstanding people skills; and
- A high level of personal integrity.